< 30 minutes
< 30 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups portobello or shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 package (12 ounces) BUTTERBALL® All-Natural Turkey Sausage, cut into ½-inch slices and then quartered
2 medium shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tabelspoons fresh thyme
1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
4 cups chicken broth, divided
¾ cup diced tomatoes
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and black pepper
- 1.Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms have released their liquid. Remove mushrooms and liquid to large bowl.
- 2.Add turkey sausage to same skillet; cook and stir 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- 3.Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in same skillet. Add shallots, garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes or until edges become translucent.
- 4.Add wine and 2 cups broth; cook and stir until liquids are absorbed. Add remaining 2 cups broth, ½ cup at a time. Cook and stir 15 to 20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 5.Remove from heat. Stir in mushrooms with their liquid, sausage, tomatoes, cheese, salt and pepper.