Southwest Ground Turkey Burrito
< 30 minutes
< 45 minutes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
¼ cup chopped yellow onion
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup chicken stock
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
½ cup long grain rice
1 package (16 ounces) BUTTERBALL® All-Natural Lean Ground Turkey
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
8 (10-inch) extra-large flour tortillas, warmed according to package instructions
1 cup canned pinto beans, warmed
1 cup yellow corn
1 block (8 ounces) Monterey jack cheese, grated
2 cups diced avocado (about 2 medium avocados)
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
8 leaves green leaf lettuce
Pico de gallo, to serve
- 1.In a medium stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add tomato paste; cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and ¼ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2.In a large skillet or saucepan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3.Divide turkey mixture and rice among tortillas. Top with beans, corn, cheese, avocado, sour cream and 1 lettuce leaf. Fold sides of tortillas over filling and roll up from bottom to enclose filling. Serve Southwest Ground Turkey Burrito with pico de gallo.
- 4.Pro Tip: Try grilling or searing the burrito after rolling for a crispy exterior.
- 5.Prep Tip: Wrap filled tortillas individually in foil. Store in an airtight bag and reheat in a toaster oven or oven for lunches or a quick weeknight dinner! Preheat oven to 275°F. Bake wrapped ground turkey burrito until heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.