Warm Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Praline Topping and Warm Rum Butter Sauce
< 90 minutes
3 packages (15 ounces each) SISTER SCHUBERT'S® ROLLS, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 cup flavored pumpkin pie filling
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
4 cups half-and-half
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
⅓ cup butter, softened
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
BUTTER RUM SAUCE
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
⅓ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup whipping cream
½ cup dark rum
REDDI-WIP® REAL CREAM (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread cubed bread onto ungreased baking sheet; bake 5 to 7 minutes or until barely browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer to large bowl; cool.
- 2.Prepare Pumpkin Filling. Whip cream cheese, ¼ cup light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice and ⅛ teaspoon salt using electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin pie filling; blend well. Incorporate 2 eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- 3.Combine ½ cup granulated sugar, 1 cup light brown sugar, 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice and 8 eggs in large bowl. Beat at high speed with electric mixer 2-½ to 3 minutes; reduce speed to low and incorporate half-and-half, vanilla, orange peel and dash salt. Pour over bread in large bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- 4.Grease 13X9-inch baking dish. Pour half of bread mixture into prepared dish; top with pumpkin filling and remaining half of bread mixture*. *This can be refrigerated up to 8 hours prior to baking.
- 5.Prepare Praline Topping. Combine ⅓ cup butter, 1 cup dark brown sugar and pecans in small bowl; blend well. Sprinkle over top of bread pudding.
- 6.Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until done. Cool slightly before serving.
- 7.Prepare Butter Rum Sauce. Combine butter and sugars in large bowl; blend until smooth with rubber spatula. Set bowl over pot of simmering water; whisk until mixture is light in color.
- 8.Add cream; whisk over simmering water 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in rum. Serve warm.
- 9.Serve with Rum Sauce and REDDI-WIP® REAL CREAM, if desired.